Friday, November 18, 2016

Blog post 11_History

After the rain, the sea became muddy in a lead color, a strong wind blows, small wave breaks roughly onto the wave dispersion rocks. Heavy black stones stack on top of each other, keeping its balance. A winter sea in countryside rage, town side lays gently in calmness. 
The random walk took me to the beach/ surf point ten minutes away on foot from where I live.

There are various kinds of rocks, stones, and sand of the sea. I walked barefoot on the white beach sand leaving foot step after step to the wave dispersion rocks. The rocks had small holes in it which made it feel sharp. Green sea glass on the rocks made it slippery and hard to walk. 

When I arrived at the end of the wave dispersion rocks, I looked back at them to find out its history. 
I assume the rocks are from mother nature and people brought and placed them decades ago to where it is right now. The wave dispersion rocks quietly yet strongly stand again the waves.  
The erosion advanced as the waves hit them. The substance, salt in the seawater fastened the erosion and made rough jagged texture on the surface of the wave dispersion rocks. The texture is almost like lava rock. As wave hit rocks one after another, it leaves a small amount of water which makes it look like the rocks been polished with wax. Black baby crabs carefully walk on the surface of slippery rocks; in a flash, the wave hits the rocks and half of them wiped out and are gone. Yet baby blackfoot 'Opihi (shell) sticks on the rock. 

Sun started to settle, reddish orange sunlight reflected on the surface of sea water and wave dispersion rocks. These place surely have been seeing more history than me. 

No comments: