Thursday, November 17, 2016

Punahou Cliffs




 Punahou Cliffs Rules and Regulations            
I recently moved into the Punahou Cliffs building on Wilder Avenue nearly a block’s walk away from Punahou School.  This building’s location alone, sharing a street with a rather reputable school, left me intrigued about this building’s personal history.  Considering that upon entering the lobby I was greeted by two large koa-wood doors, untouched Hawaiian-print covered furniture, and more koa, I immediately assumed the building would hold its residents to a certain standard.  As I began my search to find the history of the building, I stumbled across the house rules document.  There were many words that I felt reflected a position of superiority, so I decided to write over the document.





"Owners" of the "Association"

diminutive

comfortably

easily



Managing Agent



no disturbing

The Board



unsightly?

disturbing?

removed



Managing Agent



SUBJECT

SHALL ABIDE



owner is unable to control

immediately remove



Managing Agent



no

of any nature

without approval



NOTHING SHALL BE HUNG



owner’s obligation

NOT TO DETRACT FROM APPEARANCE



SHALL be approved

SHALL not put their names 



damage

paid for by owner



OCCUPANTS SHALL NOT INTERFERE