Friday, October 21, 2016

Blog post 8_intellectual friend


Now that I am writing this, realized that I do not have any close "intellectual" friend in college and it has to do with the people who  I have hanging out with.
However, in three years of high school, I have had intellectual friendship much like Bill and Jahren's. Friendship from high school days was as like long lasting couples. Although I was in a fairly big class, I have managed to make an intellectual friendship; we respected and motivated each other, so we would both succeed in Diploma. We would always have each other's back, but in the group discussion in class, we usually are on the opposite side arguing back and forth. We rarely had things we both agreed on when arguing, but we somehow did well in the group work. We always had a great time working together, we stayed late at school to work on assignments and that how we built our intellectual friendship.

It is my second year at UH, but I have not had any intellectual relationship with anyone. In the first year, I thought I had found one, but I recently came to realize, the more and more time spend with this person, the way we think and see things are far from what I would image as the intellectual friend from the memories from high school.  We are very different from each other, and so we get frustrated easily. In high school, I was surrounding myself with people who were similar and grew up in a somewhat similar environment so it would always work out. The social life in high school is different from the social life in college. Therefore, the relationship we build is different. I think making an intellectual relation is so hard; especially in college because we choose to have aspired to different things.

No comments: