I have a friend from high school who I consider one of my closest friends, yet our relationship isn’t like most of my other close friendships. We met in high school and bonded over a mutual hatred for Chemistry and our Chemistry teacher. We are very similar in the sense that we are both very serious about work and really value hard work. We don’t really talk about touchy subjects like our personal lives; however, we talk about more intellectual and serious things that I feel like I can’t really talk about with anyone else. She’s the only person I would vent to about work or school or money problems. The two of us are very similar because we have the same mindset when it comes to school work and just people in general, which is why we can talk about things like that. For example, we talk about school a lot. Although we are different majors, we both are taking a lot of credits while simultaneously working as we have a lot of expenses we pay for on our own, so we like to vent to each other and exchange stories. We are also similar in the sense that we are very proactive and future oriented. We spend a lot of time talking about our future goals, which is something else I don’t really talk about with my other friends. It’s not that I don’t think they care, I just feel like these kind of topics would bore them. Although I love my other friends for being more laid-back and fun and helping me be more like that, it is nice to have someone that you have an intellectual connection with and can talk about more serious matters with. Sometimes you really do just need someone to talk to about topics like that so you don’t feel like you’re the only one who thinks about those things.
No comments:
Post a Comment