Friday, October 21, 2016

Mutualistic Relationship

When I first arrived in Hawaii, I entered freshman year of High School without any friends and spent many breaks and lunches by myself surrounded by books or homework. It was only during the second semester that I started hanging out with Davin, who later became my best friend. He had been the classmate who sat next to me in Algebra class since the first day; However, we had not ever talk to each other until now. With short hair like fresh mowed grass on the courtyard outside and small black eyes the size of newborn ladybugs, his smile was of the most adorable one accompanied by the little dimples that rises up along with his full lips. I can no longer recall how we started talking in the second semester, but I remember the sparks in our relationship that soon ignited into a wild fire and we no longer do anything separately. We were almost like a conjoined twin, inseparable by anything. Ever since freshman year, we began taking our general classes together and only parted ways during our elective classes since I want to pursue a career in healthcare while he is interested in engineering.  

Since we had at least three classes together each year, we began studying together and spending lots of hours in each others' presence. Every day after school I had air-riflery practices until 6pm and Davin had robotics meeting until around the same time, we would then have dinner at McDonald and study there until it's time for us to part ways and head home to our comfy beds. I am always amused at how intelligent and knowledgable he is. We would chat nonstop upon any topics, from the formation of rocks or the effects of global warming to gossiping about our classmates. Randomly, he would comments with random facts and I would never feel dull in the conversation as I am constantly entertained by the different facts that is hidden in his mind. 

He is always the best friend who I am too lucky to have, and as we moved onto college. Our mutualistic, symbiotic, interdependent relationship continues to grow in regardless of the world that is full of lies, despise and evilness. With this best friend, I am able to tackle the hardship of the intellectual road I am embarking upon. 

No comments: