Being exposed to museums and historical sites as a child, I was not as amused being taken to different places for memorials. However, I did grew a fascination for stories. Stories do not merely tell of the great untouchable, the dreams, the fantasies, and the scientific impossible; but rather stories are the collection of events, the historical based occurrences, and the experiences of thousands. Thereby, the greatest intellectual adventure I had been on was through the many literary merits and books I had read. I remember being in all those little worlds, a miniature universe, of Great Gatsby's town, of the Amazon Jungle, of the moon and the planets beyond. I remember the struggle of stumbling upon unfamiliar words and a blurry picture that need to be enhance by the re-reading of a single line. The greatness of finding an escape in another world is unexplainable.
In another world, my morality was challenged, my views were stricken, and my beliefs were shaken. while understanding Nick's motivations and point of view in Gatsby's story, I also understood the struggle every other character faced. With my journey, I was taken to feel and experience life has another individual in ways that I have not experience before. These intellectual adventures have always been the once I love to partake on, and take joy in adventuring whenever I pick up a new book.
No comments:
Post a Comment