Friday, September 30, 2016

Question for Tim Denevi

What was the most momentous thing you learned during the writing of Hyper?
What is one thing that you accomplished writing this book?

1 comment:

tdenevi said...

Hi Kana,

Thank you for your question. I think one thing I learned is that the act of telling a story doesn't absolve you from the forces that created it; the insight you gain is of little defense against the issues you're articulating. One thing I accomplished, on a literary level, at least, was that I wrote the book I wanted to write. The publisher might market it differently or mess with the title or insist on a cover you disagree with, but as long as you don't compromise on your content--my desire to weave in a historical thread was a matter of craft and of context, as opposed to market-based or anything like that--then you're in the best position you can be, regardless of how the book is publicized...at least in my opinion.